Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Sentimental tosh warning alert

Right. Done my duty. This post is wilfully sentimental, and has no underwear shots, or music references, so you have been warned.

When the child goes to sleep of late, she likes to talk to me and tell me about her day. She takes a while to go to sleep right now because of the increased daylight, and so she chats for quite a while, telling me important facts such as that bears live in caves, and that bats do too, and that the bats live at the top of the cave, while the bears live at the bottom. She tells me what various animals like to eat, sings me songs, and attempts to read me her stories.

What she has also been telling me for the past few days is rather lovely, as it's what she regularly hears about herself, and it's nice to know it sinks in. "You're my big girl too Mummy. You're pretty too. You're clever too. I love you too."

I like that this is what she hears about herself, and that consequently this is also how she views others.

No comments: