Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

I am on placement

This week is fairly quiet, I'm on placement with an SLT team based around Skelmersdale and Ormskirk. It's quite awesome to have the opportunity to learn in this way, and quite exhausting, especially when you factor in the driving, and the exceptionally early starts. Obviously I'm not going to describe observations/client groups/etc, aside from the ethical implications, that's just not what we do here. But I can tell you that, for this week at least, I'm back in the world of three or more hours of driving every day, and I'm blooming well knackered. Cream crackered. Shattered.

Why the hell I'm up at 2am watching TV and rambling here is beyond me...

But I am at least having a quiet week in the going out department. No gigs or wild nights anywhere. Unless the weekend steps up to the belt, the craziest wildest part of the week is going to be awarded, with huge pomp and ceremonious applause, to Tuesday night's attendance of a class in Common where I learned some basic embroidery, drank some gin, and talked to some lovely ladies who I was previously unacquainted with. The class runs twice a month by an awesome lady called Nico and does lots random craft things. Apparently next month is lino printing. Quite excited. But this is what I did last night. It's a work in progress, so I'll post a picture or two as it progresses.


And now I'm buggering off back to bed. Night all.

No comments: