Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

Cat Lady Towers is starting to shape up nicely

So today Kittencat and I started the first official day of our summer holidays. And to mark it we were super exciting, and started the mega overhaul of house. We did a complete rearrange of Kittencat's bedroom, and a reasonable clear of mine. This picture is after we shifted and cleared, but before we tidied her books and got a couple more pictures up on the walls. She's pretty happy, and even talked through sleeping in her own bed tonight. She didn't, but she did stay in her own bed until the end of story time. Kinda successful. Ish.


With my room a much bigger job was required. Although Cattenberg is in the spare room until he finds somewhere of his own, there is a fair whack of stuff still in my room, and that, combined with a hectic few months has meant that my room has become somewhat a dumping ground that I've failed to sort out. Boxes of DVDs under my bed, dusty paperwork and and a random assortment of things, these have all been cleaned and piled, and the room is undergoing the metamorphosis required to become just my own. Well, mine and Kittencat's, until she eventually regains the habit of sleeping in her own bed.

Over the next few days we shall be maintaining the pace we managed today and the house will be made more like our home. I'm not entirely sure why, though I think that it's probably because neither of us ever felt the permanence of our former arrangement, but we've never managed to make this place feel madly homely. I'm in the process of rectifying this now, and quite brutally I'm starting to pack up Cattenberg's things as I go. It's not meant as a "get the fuck out of my house", so much as that I want more than anything to make this place feel like home, and I don't want to have to redo it once he moves. So I am knitting, and sewing, moving furniture around, putting cushions and throws on things, pictures on walls, flowers in vases, and I'm cleaning everywhere. I reckon we'll be well on top of things in a few days, and then we're going to start on the garden, Kittencat and I, in preparation of the breaking up barbeque Cattenberg and I have planned for later in the summer.

So yeah, there's a barbeque later in the summer. You're all invited.


No comments: