Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

Fuzzy Lights at the Castle

Is what I went to see, and where I went to see it tonight. Ex-chapcat, who has become, well the ex-chapcat, looked after the Kittencat in sterling fashion, and I met the lovely Paddington for a beer, for it has been an age prior to the gig. A beer turned into having another at the Castle before I gigged off, and then Paddington knew the chaps in Walton Hesse, who added more persuasion than I was able, and Paddington stayed. Walton Hesse are a Manchester based band, and place themselves under the Americana spectrum of sounds like. They were good. I'm not entirely sure if they were memorable, it was a solid enough performance, but it didn't whisk me off my feet. Fuzzy Lights on the other hand... I feel thoroughly wooed. That was a truly beautiful set. Paddington said before they began he'd stay for maybe a song or two, but at the end of the set he stood there still, looking slightly shiny happy, as slightly magical music is wont to make you. They released a new album in February, I think it's time you bought it.

No comments: