Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

The inaugural craft and cake night at Cat Lady Towers

I've just spent a really nice couple of hours with a couple of my friends. The lemon drizzle was lemony enough (common bug bear to all is unlemony lemon cake - I didn't think it annoyed everyone so much as me, but apparently so), and there was much fun and chatting - I don't know how much craft was done, but really it's just a reason to gather and have a brew and see friends regularly. And under the guise of craft night, I might remember to knit a bit more regularly.

And, if we do it regularly, I get to bake more often! And expand my repertoire... I'm woefully out of practise.

Yeah, tonight was really awesome, even if I do have slightly sunburnt legs (my legs haven't seen the sun properly since 1988, when I stupidly started getting a little paranoid about the vitiligo)  from being at the beach earlier with Kittencat, my nephews and my parents. We collected shells, and mostly avoided the plentiful jellyfish, and the elder nephew and I ate seaweed straight out of the sea. Good times.

No comments: