Pages

Thursday 1 August 2013

Jeepers it's great to be back home

I've been noise polluting all the way home. My singing is bad at the best of times, but with a sore throat and bad chest, my voice is horrific. And since my only musical talent up to now appears only to be the virtue of a good ear, I am more than keenly aware of this. That said, singing is fun. And it matters not so much at whether you are good at something, so much as whether it's fun.

It is good to be back home though. Not because I wasn't having a fun night - I was having a great evening - but my chest is causing my some difficulty, and it's time to get the big gun pharmaceuticals out to drug myself into the coma needed to get through the night without coughing up blood or a lung. They're starting to work, so this will be brief.

Tonight was Pengo at Kraak, supported by Aulos' First Reed, The Infinite Gaah, Usurper and Blood Stereo. Usurper were awesome. I might run through all these guys tomorrow, but for now suffice it to say a great night of awesome, in awesome company. Recently I've met a lot of lovely people, people who give freely of themselves, are open, honest and expect nothing in return. It's a privilege to meet people like that, they are fewer in number than you'd hope, and it's a lovely thing when you are lucky enough to spend an evening in a room full of awesome music in such company.

It was all good, but I'm suddenly feeling quite wasted - I had paracetamol, ibuprofen, and entire bottle of glycerol and a couple of beers between about 9pm and 10:40, and a couple of Migraleve when I got home at a little after after 11pm. Normally I'm a bit better at strict observance of the timings of drug taking, but this cough is vicious. Desperate times, desperate measures.

An update: I was going to update this with more detail on performances, but a chap did it here. Nice words man.

No comments: