Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Recent watchings

Whip It - I saw this last night. Excellent female cast, directed by Drew Barrymore, almost a chick flick, but not really. Girls on skates, bashing into each other and learning how to feel good about being good at something, instead of feeling pretty and winning the respect of boys. Because lets face it, who gives a flying one whether a boy respects you, so long as you respect yourself? Bitchin.

Cobra - love it. Though how did the witness not recognise the crazy ass killer cop lady sooner? I never manage to understand that.

Escape From New York - because it's Escape From New York. Enough said.

Leaving Las Vegas - I love Nicolas Cage. I bloody love him. Films where he actually acts though, freaking bonus.

Wild At Heart - see Leaving Las Vegas.

Kuffs - On a bit of a cheesy Christian Slater bent recently, and films with Christian Slater cheesy monologuing AND Milla Jovovich? Bonus.

Serenity - Because it's Serenity

Firefly - Because it's Firefly. Also because I've been watching Castle and felt the need to watch all things Nathan Fillion again.

Super - reviews compare this to Kick Ass, then people get disappointed. People shouldn't listen to reviews, or want their films to be like other films. People are stupid. This film is amazing. Kevin Bacon is the baddie. Kevin Bacon. It's ace.

Green Lantern - Emerald Knights - Nathan Fillion voice over

Death Race 2000 - David Carradine. Sylvester Stallone. Many bare breasts, lots of hilarious deaths. What more can you ask for in a film?

Collateral Damage - The thing in films where the baddie kills your kid, so you kill the baddie, and take his child to replace yours. Or in this case hers, to replace yours. Hmmm.

The Hurt Locker - Great film.

Logan's Run - I do love Logan's Run, and I hadn't seen it in at least a year

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness - Possibly one of my favourite films ever. I think I first saw it when I was about 7 or 8, and I've loved it ever since.

No comments: