Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Why you're all bots

My friend was asking about my blog the other day - and as the conversation progressed I looked at stats. And it weirded me out a little. I've had this blog for a number of years, and I rarely say anything interesting and over most of its life (about 3-4 years) it'd only gotten itself a fairly so so couple of thousand page views, at least 500 of these being folks looking for Horse Feathers lyrics. Since March, over 6000, bringing it to about 8000 ever. Now I know about four people read this, a recent friend, my lovely Driver, a boy I had a minor crush on when I was 14 (rest assured dear, nothing major, and it long since faded, I only have one current albeit long held crush and I'm pretty sure it's not mutual) and of course Cattenberg. But no one else does, dear diary, your faux public nature is only a facade to temper my self indulgence, whilst allowing me to reflect/vent on topics that have no place in actual conversation. Whilst people reading it in no way is likely to make me ramble less often or annoyingly, I'd hate to start feeling selfconscious in this space.

So for this purpose, you're all bots from Latvia or Russia (since this seems to be the source of most of the most likely bot traffic). Heck, you probably are really all bots anyway.

2 comments:

Giulietta said...

I are a Polka Dot bot thank you very much...

Woodcat said...

Hello Polka Dot Bot!