Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

Today I am playing Kinison-Goldthwait

Kinison - Goldthwait by Danny Saul
Today I am playing the album I've been meaning to play for a few days, Kinison - Goldthwait by Danny Saul. It's not a new album, and I've heard it before, albeit not for some time, so it's not particularly noteworthy that I'm playing it today. I've been meaning to play it for a few days because it's seriously beautiful, but music this lovely deserves a quiet house, and no distractions. I'd actually forgotten quite how lovely it is. Melancholy, wistful, dark and enchanting, this is music to lose yourself in freely. When it stops, you emerge confused and bewildered, but with a sense of radiance and joy, a feeling you get only in the presence of something truly magical.

I forget sometimes that the people I know and the people who make these beautiful things are the same people. Email Danny for a physical copy, and it's yours for the exchange of something valuable (money, your first born, Jack Rose vinyl- I think cash is the preferred option, but feel free to barter). It's definitely an album to own.

No comments: