Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

I forgot to take my magic pills

Two days. Two days is all it takes for the headaches and nausea to come back. I've been puking like a drunk all morning. Or a pregnant lady. And the sleeplessness. Yup, sleeplessness and nausea is highly reminiscient of morning sickness. No danger of that though. There are things you have to do to make that sort of thing happen. Oh but lordy! Last night was a sleepless one. I have no idea why, but I couldn't calm myself, and yet I couldn't identify the cause of the anxiety either. I know it wasn't the underwear. My friends laughed at me, those who didn't, well, I guess they aren't friends. They don't deserve my time. The Big Ex actually thought it funniest out of everyone, and suggested that for those with a negative response, I should send a picture of some granny pant passion killers, just for balance. I don't see him that way any more, but it's times like this I remember what I did used to see. They were good times. I wouldn't go back, and nor would he, but good times. Sometimes it is good to make a dick of yourself, it helps remind you who the important people are, and who aren't. And just because someones role in your life changes doesn't mean that they become less important, as Cattenberg Battenberg and I are establishing now. With the relationship over, we are establishing ourselves as better friends than we probably ever were before, and more effective partners in the raising of our daughter.

Cattenberg is spending the next couple of nights at his Dad's house. Since nausea means I can't go swimming today, his absence means I'm free to work out in the living room this evening once the travel sickness pills and little magic pills take effect. So I shall be sweating my butt off with some weights and bouncing jumpy video based activity. Curtains firmly drawn obviously... And then swimming again tomorrow. I had thought about increasing from 40 lengths to maybe 50 today, but the sickness rules it out. I think an easy 40 will be sensible tomorrow, then I can look at an increase to 50 on Tuesday, hopefully pushing to 60lengths by the end of the week. What I'm looking for it to get back up to 80 lengths (2k), and then decrease my time.

Today is being spent working on my portfolio tasks due in tomorrow. There is a lot to do. My head really hurts, and I could do with an extra couple of days. Or at least no timetabled classes tomorrow. Oh well. Let's get this puppy kicked. Metaphorically. I'd never kick an actual puppy. But the piece of work is technically small and unintimidating, and consequently I've still got way too much of it to do. I need more challenging work to inspire THE FEAR. Seriously, how's a girl supposed to get any work done without the fear?

No comments: