Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

and they'll be placing fingers through the notches of your spine

Possibly my favourite line in any song ever. Simultaneously tender and sinisterly clinical.

I'm making stew. Pretty simple, beef, onions (chopped), shallots (whole), potatoes, carrots, thyme, stock, soy sauce, low heat. Not sure if it needs much else, I'll season shortly and see, but it smells pretty good. I'm making stew because I've not been looking after myself much recently, and combined with the various stresses of life, this is resulting in headaches. So food and a resumption of yoga practice shall ensue. Eventually I reckon I'm going back to a largely vegetarian diet, you know, yoga and clean living, but I'm using up the contents of the freezer first.

I'm listening to Kala, which you'd think would be the antithesis of sense with a headache, but bizarrely they're complementing each other well; the music is almost drowning out the pain, and the lightshow with my migraine seems to be perfectly in line with the sounds I hear. Which right now is this


No comments: