Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

More films I watched recently

Django Unchained - I missed this at the cinema, which is kind of gutting. It's blooming ace. I'll be over watching it for a while, as I have no reason not to watch it at least once a week for the forseeable...

Gleaming the Cube - 80's CLASSIC. Cheesy, Christian Slater, skateboarding, high speed chase with a pizza hut van, yup, this film has got all of that in spades.

Iron Man - need to see the third one, so I'm rewatching 1 and 2. It's great fun, you know that.

The Machinist - Amazing film. And shit Christian Bale was thin. He could have played a successful game of hide and seek with nought but a lamp post for cover.

Inception - I enjoyed this, though the supposedly ambiguous ending isn't really ambiguous. Once the spinny thing starts to wobble, it's going to fall...

Black Swan - Okay, I tried to watch this. And then she started peeling the skin off her hands and I couldn't. I've heard its really good, but I'm a little too squeamish for the ripping of fingernails and skin.

Road House - "That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that". Great film.

Commando - I'm having a bit of a nostalgia-athon for Schwarzenegger et al right now. And Commando is amazing. I'd forgotten how turned on Bennett gets by the offer of the knife fight, but this is just good old kicking bad guy ass at its finest.

The Running Man - see Commando, but with dudes dressed up as Christmas trees with cattle prods, and unnecessary spandex.

Rollerball - James Caan. And Sam from Quincy!

No comments: