Pages

Monday 8 June 2009

An Apology. And A Promise.

The BNP have done rather well, Nick Griffin having acquired the role of MEP for the north west, and Andrew Brons for Yorkshire. This is entirely abhorent to me, and yet I cannot bring myself to go and stand in a pointless protest in the centre of Manchester. I say pointless, you wonder why. Whilst I despise this, and whilst it is not right, it is a democratic decision, and more importantly it is my fault, and the fault of every other apathetic sod who didn't find the time to sort out voting this year. Protesting after the appointment will not change things. These men will not stand down. By our apathy we stand by, and the ignorant and feckless and racist and awful are able to clamber to power, and ruin our country with bigotry and hate. But I promise you this. I will never forget to vote again.

No comments: