Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

A small moment of ranting about other peoples parenting

I generally prefer to keep my opinion of other people's parenting quiet(ish), save for when they are causing psychological or physical damage to their child. But this morning really hacked me off.

A short highly judgemental parent rant about the thoughtlessness of roughly half of the parents at my daughters nursery:

It is Halloween, and yes, the children are interested in dressing up. That said, when I arrived this morning half of the kids at nursery, already too hot in ridiculous acrylic skeleton costumes, were stripping themselves down to vest and knickers and unable to change into their ordinary clothes because their parents hadn't put a change in their bags. This left some of them quite upset, and, although the nursery has some spare clothes, is quite frankly unreasonable of parents not to foresee the inevitability of their child's discomfort and the likelihood that they would be much happier with their regular clothes on, and a costume in their bag to change in and out of as the mood takes them.

IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. EVEN I UNDERSTAND THIS. YES, EVEN ME.

For fucks sake.

1 comment:

Woodcat said...

It's not like it's not obvious. I mean, if it occurs to me...

Poor little kids are there all day, and sent in costumes that are difficult to navigate for the toilet, and are made from non-breathable materials that make them overheat. It's fucking ridiculous.