Pages

Saturday 28 April 2018

It is time.

My hermitude has gone on too long. So I’m dipping my toe. I bought a ticket for Sounds From The Other City, AND I’ve committed to a work social event. Of course, now I’ve teetering on the brink of cancelling all of it, but it’s been too long. I have spent enough time with myself and my own thoughts.

Sounds is in many respects the perfect toe dip. Friends will be there, but I needn’t spend all day with them, there is a built in expectation that we will have different musical priorities, and spend time together and apart in different venues. The main priority is to ensure we end up in the same venue at the end, but not that we are glued together all day, though that too can be good, if priorities align, and you are not one so out of kilter with spending time with other humans as I.

No comments: