Pages

Monday 16 March 2015

So I concussed myself and broke my nose

By walking into a door. Beat that, motherfucker. (The challenge to beat that also extends to those who have no Oedipal issues).

So yeah. For the past week I have been woefully incompetent, for the most part blissfully and ignorantly so. For the first seven days, I wasn't really able to stand for more than a few minutes without getting horribly dizzy and unduly, excessively tired. Complex thought has for the most part been beyond my capacities, and when attempted has rendered me preternaturally hungry. Yes, I have been eating pretty much everything in sight. And it was delicious.

Mostly, I have been much better over the last 48 hours, though my thought processes are still slow, I still tire easily and I'm still eating like I'm at an overpriced all you can eat buffet. What's striking though is that I'm able to articulate my thoughts in written form more easily than verbally. Articulating well defined conversational sentences is proving tricky. I lose where I'm up to. I pause. I hesitate. I struggle to find the right words. I was never a great orator, but at least I could maintain the flow of my ideas.

I'm also a little blunter and more honest right now, for all my lack of spoken clarity. A friend wryly suggested that isn't really possible. I can only apologise in advance.

No comments: