Pages

Saturday 15 March 2014

Physically, metaphysically, I'm starting to be less broken.

There's work to be done, and it's all going to get slowly documented on the other blog, but I'm starting to get better. The plan was always about fixing my brain, because I'd given up my body as a lost cause, but truthfully I feel INCREDIBLE. My brain works. My body is good because, well, I finally don't notice my body, mostly, because it works and it doesn't hurt. I walked about 4 and a half miles yesterday, at a pace, without needing my inhalers, and feeling ready to do more at the end of it, today all I have is a slightly dodgy stiffness at the tops of my legs. This time last year, a shorter excursion left me with a broken foot. I am better on a cellular level. I am happy, most of the time, I'm not anxious, my brain works, my skin is better, I look younger, and I am no longer down on myself, mostly because I am ace, and becoming more so. What I look like is doubtless a matter of taste, but I'm vital, healthy and excited by the world, and beyond that, what else is there? What I am not is in any way concerned about what others think of me. I'm awesome, and I'm only getting better. I'm mending myself, I'm mending my mother, and I'm building an increasingly large stack of knowledge that is only making me want to learn more and more.

So yeah, I'm happy about who I am. Not sure I've ever had that before, but there it is. 

No comments: